The STEDAIR® Chemical Active Textile technology consists of a waterproof, breathable protective barrier against common chemical warfare agents. When exposed to halogenated chemical warfare agents, the CAT technology acts as a neutralizing barrier to protect against lethal chemical penetration. The de-halogenation occurs at the surface of the CAT membrane and dissociates the chemical warfare agents into non-lethal chemicals. These bi-products are quickly dissipated in the ambient environment causing no harm. The CAT barrier, comprised of a monolithic membrane, protects against common industrial chemical penetration, viral and blood born pathogen penetration as well as basic radioactive bi-products.
- Neutralizes chemical warfare agents
- Breathable and chemical resistant (penetration and permeation)
- Longer service life than comparable competing products
- Lightweight, less fatigue
- Increased durability and strength
- Single skin design
- No risk of saturation
- Police and tactical response units
- Security and crowd control at high risk public events
- Decontamination line operations
- Evacuation use out of contamination zone
- Emergency medical technicians
- Military special operations
This barrier is designed to provide protection as per NFPA 1994 against chemical warfare agents while providing end-users with ergonomic comfort.